Pages

8/5/06

Let's Make Homemade Pizza!

I make homemade pizza every Friday for my family. In the past couple years we've usually had 1 or 10 extra people here (now that we have teenagers!) and I'm told by the kids friends that I should open a pizza parlor as my pizza is "so good".

A pizza compliment from teenagers... I take that as a good sign.


Pizza Dough

1 pkg. (2 1/4 t) dry active yeast
1 T sugar
1/2 t salt
1/4 c dry powdered milk
1 1/3 c warm water

Put into the bowl of a mixer or mix by hand. Wait 2 minutes.

2 T olive oil
4 c flour

Knead in a Kitchen Aid style (heavy duty) mixer 5 minutes or knead 10 minutes by hand. Let rest 10 minutes.

Use in 3 greased, average 'home' sized large pizza pans or 1 extra large and 1 large. Let raise about 1 1/2 hours and top with your choice. Bake at 400 approximately 16-25 minutes depending the size of your pan and how many toppings you have on it. Bake until golden brown.










Print Friendly and PDF