Pages

7/2/07

Almond Poppyseed Muffins

If I had to pick a favorite flavor of muffin, it would be Almond Poppyseed. I can't have one this week as I'm trying to detox my body of all white flour and sugar, but that only makes me crave them more! Ha. This recipe is supposed to be like Otis Spunkmeyer muffins, however I don't think I've had one of that brand for about 3 years and I don't think I've ever had his Almond Poppyseed muffins - so I can't honestly tell ya!

Almond Poppyseed Muffins


1 stick butter (softened)
1/4 c canola oil
1 1/4 c granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 c sour cream
1/2 t salt
3 t almond extract
1 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t vanilla extract
2 1/3 c flour
2 T poppy seeds

Measure flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and set aside. In mixing bowl beat softened butter, oil and sugar until blended. Add eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract and sour cream to butter and oil. Blend until mixture is smooth. all moist ingredients should be blended well. Start adding the flour mixture to batter a little at a time until thoroughly blended, but do not over-beat. When mixed, remove from mixer and add poppy seeds. Stir with a spoon until completely mixed through. Place in muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes. Check muffins with a wooden pick. Do not over-bake. Store in a sealed container.

Yield: 12Print Friendly and PDF